This is a template provided for your convenience. Do not forget to adjust it to your needs. Replace all red-colored text with your company's details.
VAS Privacy Notice: Sheffield Healthy Holidays
Who we areSheffield Healthy Holidays (SHH) is part of the Holiday Activities and Food (HAF) programme funded by the Department for Education (DfE) and is co-ordinated in Sheffield by Voluntary Action Sheffield (VAS). For the purpose of data protection legislation, the DfE and SCC are data controllers of personal data collected about you and your child. The DfE have a separate privacy notice which can be found at www.sheffieldhealthyholidays.org/privacydfe
We collect information about you in the Join our club section of this website, where we will record your contact details and permission to contact you about Sheffield Healthy Holidays.
The nature of your personal data being used
The personal data collected by your SHH provider will include
• a minimum of personal data to identify a unique name, address, date of birth and school attended to identify the number of unique attendees)
• self-declaration of Special Education Needs
• self-declaration of Free School Meals entitlement
• ethnicity and gender (this will be anonymised and used to inform future projects in Sheffield)
• an e-mail address if you are happy to be contacted for evaluation purposes and receive further information about the SHH programme.
When the data is summarised by VAS, names and other identifiers are removed to prevent identification of individuals from the summarised information.
Why our use of your personal data is lawful
In order for the use of the personal data to be lawful, it needs to meet one (or more) conditions in the data protection legislation.
The legal basis for VAS and DfE processing the personal data is Article 6(1)(e) of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) where “processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the [data] controller”.
The processing of special category data is necessary for the purpose of identifying or keeping under review the existence or absence of equality of opportunity or treatment between persons as permitted under Article 9(2)(j) of the GDPR. This is with a view to enabling such equality to be promoted or maintained and is carried out with appropriate safeguards for the rights and freedoms of data subjects.
How long your personal data will be kept
Your personal data will only be retained as long as necessary in order to run the Sheffield Healthy Holiday scheme and to supply DfE with the necessary summarised information. When your personal data has been securely destroyed by the local providers, Healthy Holiday Hubs and VAS, VAS and DfE will retain the remaining non personal data for research and analysis purposes.
Your data protection rights
Under certain circumstances, you have the right:
• to ask us for access to information about you that we hold
• to have your personal data rectified, if it is inaccurate or incomplete
• to request the deletion or removal of personal data where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing
• to restrict our processing of your personal data (i.e. permitting its storage but no further processing)
• to object to direct marketing (including profiling) and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics
• not to be subject to decisions based purely on automated processing where it produces a legal or similarly significant effect on you
If you need to contact DfE regarding any of the above, please do so at:
HAF.firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need to contact VAS, please do so at: .
Further information about your data protection rights appears on the Information Commissioner’s website at:
We may need to update this privacy notice periodically so we recommend that you revisit this information from time to time. This version was last updated on 12 September 2020.
If you have any questions about how your personal information will be used, please contact us at HAF.email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. To contact the DfE's Data Protection Officer (DPO) please contact us via gov.uk (https://www.gov.uk/contact-dfe) and mark it for the attention of the 'DPO'.